Looking for professionally installed Granite Countertops in Rochester Hills, Michigan or nearby areas? Look no further! Q Stone, Inc. specializes in quality and affordable Granite Countertop Installation. Call (248) 760-6161 for a FREE estimate.
The Top 20 Benefits of Granite Countertops
- Granite is beautiful. It is not a trend, but a real timeless beauty (it’s use goes back to ancient Egypt).
- Granite has depth. Sunlight reflects on it in a way that you can actually see depth in each piece.
- No two pieces of granite are the same. Veining patterns, specks, swirls, and pitting all vary.
- Granite is expensive, but it will add value to your home when you go to resell it.
- Even though granite is usually expensive, you can find some deals if you are willing to look around a little and do some research. One of the best ways to save some money is to go to the granite warehouse directly and pick your own stone. You can choose from among less expensive pieces if you wish, just ask the granite salesperson what the differences, advantages, etc., there are between different pieces. Often it is just veining pattern, or how much a piece is pitted or not.
- Granite is clean. It doesn’t harbor bacteria and is a sanitary top.
- Granite is relatively easy to clean. You can clean it with a mild soap and water, but you can also get special granite or stone cleaners that provide a protective thin film.
- Granite stays beautiful and in good shape by applying a sealer, approximately once a year. Sealing isn’t difficult. It is like waxing your car (but a whole lot easier because it’s flat).
- Granite can be damaged by acidic things, like orange juice or cola left on the countertop too long. Sealing and using stone cleansers prior to this happening hinders any staining. You can also get stains out with a paste made from bleach and flour that you let sit on a stain. Be sure to rinse well.
- One of the biggest benefits of granite countertops is that they can be formed into any shape that you like. Granite can be cut into curves, arches, squares, ovals, 90 or 45 degree angles, special routered edges and the like.
- Granite is very durable and strong.
- Granite can chip, but it can also usually be repaired by a professional.
- Another one of the bigger benefits of granite countertops is that they are hard to scratch. You can actually cut on your granite countertop. The only substances that are as hard or harder are quartz and diamonds respectfully.
- Granite is cool to the touch, so it makes the perfect cooking area to rollout dough or make candy.
- If you don’t like a “cool” touch (and some people don’t) for some added money you can have “in floor” type heat actually added to the back side of your granite to keep it as warm as you’d like.
- Granite countertops are actually heat resistant. You can set hot pots and pans, use fryers or toaster ovens, right on the countertops without worrying that they will scorch or burn.
- Granite is usually sold solid (1 1/4″ thick for countertops), so you can easily utilize undermount sinks in granite. This is actually the preferred look.
- You don’t have to use an undermount sink in granite. You can also easily use farm house or “apron” type sinks, vessel sinks, as well as self-rimming (top mounting) sinks.
- Some companies are making granite countertops where the granite is only a 1/4″ or so thick, then mounted to a substrate board (like fiberglass). This allows for those on a tighter budget to have granite countertops.
- If you are thinking about adding a bar or kitchen area to your patio, where rain and the elements will be a factor, granite can be used outside. Just be sure to tell your granite sales person if you will be using it outside. They may have recommendations for thicknesses that you need, etc.
If you are in need of a Granite Countertop in Rochester Hills, Michigan or nearby areas, call the installers you can trust – Q Stone, Inc. at (248) 760-6161.